iphone data back up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KhuntienNang, Feb 26, 2008.

1. KhuntienNang macrumors member

im new on iphone and itunes, and i need help on how to back up my info ?

i have set up contacts etc on my iphone, but say if i want to update my iphone or restore or whatsoever, how do i make sure my old info are backed up?

i looked at itunes, and under info, there is "sync contacts with", however, i dont use outlook, nor yahoo add book nor windows add book. so what should i do?

and say if i sync it, then how bout my other data like sms or whatever data i have? and how about the things i have installed on my iphone?

2. MM07 macrumors 6502a

Do you have a Mac?

If so, you can sync with Address Book. Just make sure that you have at least one contact in the Address Book first before you sync. Then all of your contacts will be there.

3. KhuntienNang thread starter macrumors member

no, im pc user.

and i use neither of those add books.

say if i sync to outlook, and it has 0 contact there, and my iphone has 10 contacts, how do i make sure it's not my iphone sync-ing to outlook (and become 0 contact on iphone), but outlook sync-ing to iphone (so outlook has 10 contacts)?

4. MM07 macrumors 6502a

When I did not have my Mac, I used the Windows address book. I selected it in iTunes. I can't remember if I had a contact in there when I synced fior the first time.

5. KhuntienNang thread starter macrumors member

and how do you back up your other data? maybe sms or other thing besides contact?

6. MM07 macrumors 6502a

SMS are not backed up. I think there might be ways around this..I'm not sure.

Mostly everything else is backed up in iTunes.