iPhone data not working?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bacong, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

This is the first problem I've had with the iPhone, and AT&T. A little while ago my phone was on EDGE, when it's on 3G 99% of the time. So I turn on airplane mode, I lost all reception and went to no service, which I had never seen. So I turned on airplane mode and turned it off again real fast, and now I have no data whatsoever! No 3G, EDGE or even GRPS. This ever happened to anyone?

2. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68000

Bacong

wow what the hell is going on? I keep seeing "searching" then no service, then 3 bars of EDGE, and now this..

[​IMG]

:D what the hell is that? haha

3. NP3 macrumors regular

The whole point of "Airplane mode" is it switches off your cell phone radios so they don't interfere with Airplanes.

You need to be more specific. If you were on Edge, and then after you turned it back on it wasn't there probably meant you were already far from the tower when it registered, but couldn't re-establish the connection when you turned it back on.

4. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68000

Bacong

alright, let me try to reword this

I was sitting at my desk, checked my phone and was on EDGE. Thought it was weird, so I put airplane mode on for a second and turned it off. (to reset the radio) and it reset back to EDGE, once again. I shrugged it off and checked a few minutes later, still on EDGE, so I did airplane mode again and when I turned it back on I got nothing.

reception statuses I had:

AT&T E
    AT&T
    No Service
    No Service 3G
    _ _ _ 3G

kinda weird.

5. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

I have had that happen to my 3GS. I ended up having to do several resets and re-boots before it would pick up the correct signal again. I'm hoping it's just a software bug, because other than that it works fine.

Just wondering, are you using a 3G or 3GS?

6. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68000

Bacong

7. NP3 macrumors regular

Alright thanks :) that helps.
    Its probably a temporary at&t glitch then on the nearest tower. I've experienced a similar case where one day I was in Target and got...1 bar and was constantly dropping calls. Went back the next day and had full service. edit* Happened with my dad's motorola at the same time. *shrug*

if it keeps happening you can do a 'crappy service in my area' complaint.