iPhone data only functioning in certain situations??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SephirothXR, Jun 29, 2010.

1. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

If I use my 3GS (with 5 bars, Edge or 3G) and try to go on the Facebook app, it will never load. If I do a google search in Safari, it won't load. BUT, if I go to bookmarks and touch one of the bookmarks, the page loads no problem, and then everything else starts to work again. But after a while, if I don't use data, it will stop and I have to repeat the process again of clicking a bookmark. I've been doing this process consistently over months now, so it's not just isolated to a week. I've read threads about people having problems loading data even with 5 bars, but why do you guys think the internet on the iPhone is "turned on" when I click a link/bookmark?

2. PureRED macrumors member

PureRED

Pretty sure it's AT&T. This has been happening to quite a few people this week.

3. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

But do they have the same issue where their connection jumpstarts again once they select a bookmark? I used to try and cure it by turning airplane mode on/off (sometimes I'd have to repeat it 2-3 times), but the bookmark trick seems to work consistently now...

4. Ipadq macrumors member

Is your wifi on or off? Or does it happen in both cases?

5. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

Both. I'm wondering if restoring it will change anything, as in resetting all settings..