IPhone Data Plan keeps coming back?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BlackRob183, Jul 20, 2010.

1. BlackRob183 macrumors newbie

Hi I found the "workaround" on this site for removing the data plan from the Iphone back when I first got the phone, which was some months ago. Recently though they have been adding the data plan onto my account every month. I just now removed it for the 2nd time since the first initial remove and she told me that if I put the sim card in my Iphone it will detect it and the net will be added if I do that.
    Is anyone else having this problem?

I was fine for the first few months and now I can't seem to use the phone without them adding the data plan every month. I can't seem to find anyone else posting about this so I figured I'd see what I can find from doing this. I know they made the recent change where you do not need the $30 plan anymore correct? But I do not need the data plan and would like to keep it that way

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

This is happening to everyone.
    You can't have an iPhone with no data on AT&T.
    The minute you put your sim in the phone their system detects it.
    Go with the $15 data plan.

3. BlackRob183 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm that sucks, I wonder if I would be better off using the PPU and just use the wifi as much as possible with PPU only being used minimal? Either that or I'd have to keep taking it off every month which would get annoying and they might not let me keep doing it. Well thanks for the info

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, you can also go with an AT&T gophone sim.