iPhone Data Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lennonimagine, Jun 26, 2008.

1. lennonimagine macrumors newbie

What's up everybody!:D I had a couple of questions and was wondering if u could help. First of all, i don't mean to sound stupid or look like an idiot but what exactly is the data plan for the iPhone used for? Can u buy and use the iPhone without a data plan and maybe add it later? I went to AT&T's site and it looks to me and i apologize if I'm wrong, that the data plan is optional and can be added. I'm currently a Verizon customer but was thinking about getting the iPhone:D. Thanks

2. wako macrumors 65816

data plan is used for things like... data ;)

surfing the internet, youtube, google maps and those sort of things that the iPhone is capable of, need the internet to be do those sorts of things.

From what it seems, it looks like AT&T will try to force customers to use the new data plan if they have a 3G iPhone. So you might have to sign up for that plan. However, there does seem to be discussion how that they might not do this. Either way though, these are all speculations and rumors. So nobody knows until July 11th.

And congradulations on the switch from Verizon and AT&T. I always have had a distaste for Verizon because they install a bunch of crap on their phones, limit a lot of features on their phones, and no matter what phone you buy each and every single one of their UIs are exactly the same.