iPhone Day trading????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Do I make you, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Do I make you macrumors member

I was wondering if there is any software or company that has a feature so you can day trade on an iPhone. I was thinking of using USAA or Scottrade can any of those day trade using an iPhone ...Please tell me if there are any websites capable of this.

2. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Bloomburg [iTunes Store link] offers a very comprehensive stock quoter and a bunch of other financial information, but no ability to trade stocks unfortunately.

E-trade also has a webapp but nothing fancy

I'm sure something like that will come out soon...probably for like 20 bucks though.

3. gsbedi macrumors newbie

I know eTrade just came out with an exclusive app for the Blackberry. Switch over to the dark side.

4. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Uh, doesn't day trading require the use of multiple screens to transact? So does that mean you would have to own a few iPhones?:confused:

5. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Not sure I'd entrust any cellular device to day trading requirements - all you need is for the signal to degrade at the wrong time and you could lose thousands :eek:

6. surfer99 macrumors 6502

I can say that USAA has a really good webapp that makes placing trades so simple. I am not trading muliple times a day but you certainly could with
    how easy it is to use. This is in comparison to using the fullfledge Scottrade.com website which was a pain in the ass to use on the iPhone.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed.

8. eyecool macrumors regular

If that's a concern, I'd be equally nervous about trading on a dsl or cable line.

m.scottrade.com is pretty good on an iPhone.

9. juice macrumors newbie

Etrade has the same mobile pro app on the iphone that's on the blackberry. I use it a bit, it's pretty good.

USAA has an okay one I use for account access, but I don't trade with them.

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Even worse, some folks at work do it via e-mail. Yikes! :eek:

11. fedup flyer macrumors regular

Ameritrade has a downloadable trading app. It works pretty well. I like the fact it can auto logon and then require a P/W to execute a trade.

12. wrdabney macrumors member

i have traded on the tdameritrade app. it is pretty good. of course, you have to already have a tdameritrade account.

13. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I wish Scottrade would make a native application on the iPhone. The mobile app is alright, but a native application would be better.

14. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yeah my dad uses Scottrade, and that's what he would basically use an iPhone for if he were to get one.

15. xxshawnxx macrumors member

I have an account at Etrade and Thinkorswim. I use the thinkorswim app for live streaming quotes and the Etrade app as my trading portal. The Etrade app is the best comprehensive trading app I've seen though.

16. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

Ameritrade has a native iPhone app that is better than what they have on their own site. Its called iStockManager...its all I use for stocks...buy sell, options, everything is on there. I dont even use the site anymore.

17. BD1 macrumors 6502

18. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Since this thread is about a year old I'll mention this: eTrade came out with a pretty decent app on the iPhone.

19. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

there is also the new Scottrade mobile site:

m.scottrade.com

It works on any phone, looks awesome on the iPhone.

20. martrader macrumors newbie

I Phone Trading

Hi. I use Trade-Ideas for my trading and they have an application to work with the I-phone. I use it everywhere I go. I can't complain with this company. I just came across them one day after talking to Scottrade and Etrade who both uses their platform within their software. They have everything you need to configure strategies and set up alerts. There's even backtesting, or the OddsMaker, and the Robot which will automatically trade for you. I'd check it out if I were you. Here is there website: http://www.trade-ideas.com/
    There's a video for using the I-phone too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oDpZDrV35s

21. martrader macrumors newbie

Trading with Trade-Ideas

I use Trade-Ideas for my trading. They work with Windows and with Macs. They also have an application to work with the I-phone. I use it everywhere I go. I can't complain with this company. I just came across them one day after talking to Scottrade and Etrade who both uses their platform within their software. They also work with TD Ameritrade. They have everything you need to configure strategies and set up alerts. There's even backtesting, or the OddsMaker, and the Robot which will automatically trade for you. I'd check it out if I were you. There's plenty of video support that will show you how to use their software.
    Here is there website: http://www.trade-ideas.com/
    There's a video for using the I-phone too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oDpZDrV35s

22. Jonobigblind macrumors member

You could always use the iPhone to make a call to your trader?

23. firewood macrumors 604

You could lose connectivity from anywhere (a fire in the telco's local CO might take out everything: your T1, DSL, and nearby cell towers, as happened in Chicago a few years back), or your workstation could crash. iPhone app might make a good day trading backup because you could always quickly walk/drive to the nearest working cell if your buildings connectivity goes down.

24. iPhoneTrader macrumors newbie

The answer is simple....

If your looking for a share dealing app for your iPhone try SimplyStockbroking.com. They have an app called 'Simply' that allows you to see your portfolio, place live trades and manage your limit orders.
    I've been using it for about 6 months and its been brilliant.