iPhone "deactivating" at night...help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bradmacman3, Jul 20, 2008.

1. bradmacman3 macrumors newbie

Hey all!

I have a 1st generation iPhone that I LOVE! I updated to 2.0 with no problems, have some great new apps and really love Apple.

However, the last couple of nights I have had a problem. I'll turn my phone off at night, and the next morning my iPhone appears to be deactivated. When I turn it on, I only get the screen to make emergency calls and the little picture telling me to plug the device in.

I can turn the phone off and then on again and I get a pop-up message saying my phone is has been activated and things return to normal. After this happens, none of my apps work and I have to delete and re-install them.

The only thing I can think of is I recently synced my iPhone with a Powerbook G4 Mac. I originally had it synced with my Dell notebook, but decided I wanted to be a full-time Mac user! :) I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my problem.

What should I do? Take it to the Apple store or just wait until the 2.0.1 patch comes out? Anyone else experience the same problem?

Thanks in advance for your help, suggestions and/or sympathy!

2. ajthomason macrumors 6502

Try restoring your phone on the machine that you now use it on - you should be able to restore a backup, so you won't lose any data, but it will re-install the OS for you.