iphone dead?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cutewothee7, Jun 6, 2011.

1. cutewothee7 macrumors newbie

have an iphone 4 16gb jailbroke with 4.2
    last night i left my "my wifi" app broadcasting and this morning i woke up to 10% battery. i had it plugged in all night as well. normally this is not a problem as i do it every night. i tried to charge it and every charger that i used came up either "this accessory not made to work with iphone" or "not compatible..." blah blah blah. I tried with 4 different chargers to no prevail. all that happened was the plug to electricity screen and a few of the red battery screens in between attempts. now i have it hooked to a computer and nothing is happening. not even the charging screens. itunes isnt even reconizing it nor is the hardware search. ive googled all over google looking for help topics and all say to do the hard reset. after doing this in 15 to 90 second intervals still nothing. the phone is pretty much a paper weight at the moment.

just wondering where i stand. phone is <6mo old.

bad dock connector? or battery maybe?

2. Holdaway03 macrumors newbie

I really don't think it's either of those. Backup the phone to iTunes and restore and see if that fixes the problem.

3. cutewothee7 thread starter macrumors newbie

computer wont reconize it. (spelling?) i have it plugged in now and nothing. no little sound like when you normally connect it. the port is working and the cord works with my girlfriends iphone. just not mine.

4. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

Do the hard reset another time then plug it into the charger and let it charge for 15 minutes. If it doesn't work take it to Apple since it's only 6 months old.

5. cutewothee7 thread starter macrumors newbie

with it being jailbroke, will they still work on it?

6. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

I don't know if it is completely dead they probably won't know just make sure it is dead if you take it to them.

7. Holdaway03 macrumors newbie

Even if it's dead then they will know when they fix it and turn it on. If you have backed it up recently, then I would enter it into DFU mode and restore, it may fix it, if not then take it to them. Either way, when you restore in DFU it will remove the jailbreak. If it fixes, rejailbreak and continue using it, if it doesn't fix, then you have a phone that is under warranty and no longer jailbroken =) go get that thing fixed!