Iphone deals ( or scams ) when buying online!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gmtking, Jul 13, 2010.

1. gmtking macrumors newbie

Dear fellows, I live overseas and I have been trying, unsuccessfully, during the last days to buy an Iphone 4 on craigs.

Just to let you be aware of what's going on there, and to let you be aware of what to do with sellers offers, I am posting some of the messages from sellers that are ( supposed to be ) scammers!

I suggest you go to your local retailer since I have lost faith in sourcing one for a reasonable price, but I am happy to help you avoid being scammed.

Hope it helps you!:

1st reply:

Hello,

Hey Whats up, Call me. I'm in the East Hampton,NY. Let me know if you can make it over here. But if you can't make it i can always overnight deliver it to you. We can make the transaction through Moneygram. Moneygram is one of the most safest and secure ways to send money anywhere. The way that it works is when you make the transaction they will give you a receipt with a reference number, that reference number allows the person to pick up the money without it no one can pick it up. I won't ask for it until you receive the phone, once received and you are good with it, simply give me a call and let me know the reference number and everybody goes home happy. LOL. Call me or reply back and let me know.

2nd reply:

hi,ok but right now i am with my family in summer holiday(but i'm still in US so it will not be a problem),we can proceed with the bargain using FreightCo Company ,we will be protected ,they have repayment options,also they will guarantee the excelent status of the transaction,i will wait for your answer,thanx

3rd reply:

It's for sale at: www.****************.weblodge.net/ Shoot me an email if you have any other questions

4th reply:

yes we have some still in stock in our va beach store
    (757)383-*****

5th reply:

Hey,

Sorry the iphone isn't available anymore. But since I sold mine already
    I guess I can tell you where I got it for free. It looks like it
    still works. Tippingtech's doing a promo and giving people iphones.

www.*******tech.com/promos/iphone4

I'd appreiciate it if you sent me a little something back when you get it! :)

--
    Jessica

6th reply

hey,
    Thanks for responding but I already sold it. You can probably pick one up at ***bid.com where I got mine. In a couple weeks I'll have on up on ebay so you can keep an eye there too.

7th reply

Hello,

Exactly how many 4G Apple IPhones would you like to order ?.. You can call us on 616604****** and visit our online catalog for more details www.m*********s.info .. Remember to click on a product name to get the detailed specification and prices .. We offer special prices for multiple orders along with multiple payment options..

$500 = 32GB 4G IPhone
    $400 = 16GB 4G IPhone

Also, our products are all brand new (Factory Sealed), authentic and they also come with the manufacturers warranty and one month company return policy. We also have the unlocked 3GS 32GB Iphones for $300 each. Offering both retail and wholesale.. Retailers Needed Urgently !!!

BUY 5 & GET 1 FOR FREE !!!

Please Reply After Reading This Message And Tell Us What You Want ...

Regards
    Victor G.
    vg@*******-mobilemines.info
    (+1) 616604*****

8th reply:

Hello,

Hey Whats up, Call me. I'm in the East Hampton,NY. Let me know if you can make it over here. But if you can't make it i can always overnight deliver it to you. We can make the transaction through Moneygram. Moneygram is one of the most safest and secure ways to send money anywhere. The way that it works is when you make the transaction they will give you a receipt with a reference number, that reference number allows the person to pick up the money without it no one can pick it up. I won't ask for it until you receive the phone, once received and you are good with it, simply give me a call and let me know the reference number and everybody goes home happy. LOL. Call me or reply back and let me know.

(646) 453-*****
    Thank You
    Brian

9th reply

Hi, I am getting back to you regarding the iPhone 4 with 32GB from Craigslist

My name is Arianna and I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
    I am selling the iPhone for $400 USD. I have attached some pics with it to this email.
    The iPhone is still available and I hope you are still interested. I bought the iPhone brand new one week ago. The phone is locked with AT&T.
    About the iPhone I can say it's in perfect shape, as I used it only for a few days. Included in the $400 price is everything that came with the iPhone when I bought it new.
    The iPhone is here with me.
    I tried to be as thorough as I could with the presentation so you can have all the info if you decide to go ahead and buy it.

Please get back to me and let me know if you like the iPhone if you're really interested in buying it.

Thanks,
    Arianna

Just to let you know: I made some pings on sender's ip, and it looks they are basically all from Nigeria, so, take care!

2. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

Great example of why you should only deal with craigslist locally.

3. AppleHeadCA macrumors newbie

iMac scam on Craigslist

I was looking to buy an iMac on Craigslist that was listed in Los Angeles. It looked like a good deal, too good actually. It was a iMac i3/4Gb/500Gb for $800. I asked a few questions and I received this response:

Hi,with regretful but right now i am with my family at my parents (but i'm still in US so it will not be a problem),and we can proceed with the bargain using FreightCo Company ,we will be protected ,they have repayment options,also they will guarantee the excelent status of the transaction,i will wait for your answer,thanx

I then asked a few more questions and then received this:

it is 2 months old i sell it because i have a lot of products for sale it has 2 years warranty it has 500 gb i am now at my parents in mn if you figure out to purchase the merchandise i will forward to FreightCo our details to create the invoice for payment and shipping options,they will be in charge with everything,the business is guaranteed and protected ,also the shipping(i will provide a tracking number),its not the 1st event that i close youll receive the article as described,i will wait for you,thanx

I smelled something fishy so I looked online and was directed to this forum. Thank you all for the info. Now I am returning the favor.

The scam still continues. Beware.