Iphone Death...a poll...of sorts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rotur, Nov 23, 2007.

1. rotur macrumors newbie

My Iphone has just died(methinks)and trawling the various forums relating to battery/charging issues made me wonder whether there is a consistency of symptoms. Those of you who have also lost the function of their phones, can you state whether

a) your phone was unlocked
    b) used any other source for charging other than the wall plug
    c) the version of software you were on when the phone died
    d) whether you performed any upgrades at all

I have a 1.0.2 phone upgraded to 1.1.1 via the method listed on iunlock.no
    I used a generic ipod charger in my car and as I'm in Australia, I used my 5th Gen Ipod wall charger at home as well as plugging into my Pre Intel Imac to charge. I even plugged the supplied Iphone wallplug into a stepdown transformer to try that as well. I now have no functionality at all and after a brief period of the recovery icons on the phone(ie a plug icon pointing up to the Itunes icon) I now have a black screen and no powering up at all.
    Being in Australia and having received the phone as a gift from a friend in NY, it would be very difficult to go down the warranty route. If that were possible, is there a way to revirginize a 'dead' phone for the purpose of warranty?
    Maybe my phone isn't dead and some of you genii can point me to a fix??

A lot to digest for a forum but some ideas and similar stories coming back would be useful/helpful

PS I have tried the wake/sleep button combo to no avail

Yours in black screenness
    Roman

2. JSMencer macrumors regular

i think my phone might have died. I charged it about half way before i went out tonight, and i came home and it will do absolutly nothing.