iPhone debut vs. iPod debut.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AustinD, Jan 22, 2008.

1. AustinD macrumors regular

The iPod has been around much longer than ive known about it, I started my iPod love only a few years ago with a silver mini. The iPhone however, i know all about its showcasing and crowds similar to the zombie people in I Am Legend.

I guess what im trying to spark here is which product had a larger debut? Did the ipod land in magazines as the top gadget of that year(Im almost certain it did, but still) or was it just another product apple released? Also, just something on the side note that i was thinking about, did Apple release iTunes to accompany their iPod or did one come before the other?

How does the iPhone compare to the iconic iPod which can be seen in almost every music lovers hands. But going hand in hand with the iPod, how big was iTunes when it was released? I cannot imagine finding any song now without the use of iTunes.

Discuss!

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

If you ask a lot of people here in the UK what was the first iPod, they will almost always say it was the 3rd Gen iPod, as they didn't know about the first 2.

There has been a lot more hoo-hah about the iPhone however, and everyone knows about it. BUT it's doubtful that this would be the case if Apple hadn't had the massive brand-power that it has behind it with the iPod (it has one in it afterall). So I guess the iPhone had a much bigger launch and bigger reception at launch, but its doubtful that it would have been this big if Apple wasn't as renowned for making awesome devices (mostly thanks to the massive success of the iPod).

3. m477h3w macrumors 6502