iPhone deep discharged, not turning on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ankit kaul, Dec 21, 2014.

1. ankit kaul macrumors newbie

i am using the iPhone 5. last night i forgot to put it on d charging. it got shut down don't know when!! when i got up in the morning i saw that it is dead. my brother tried to turn it on several times (without charger being connected) but it showed *connect to the charger* indicator. i din't do it at that moment. after couple of hours i tried putting it on the charging, but it did not respond. i put it on charging for a day but nothing happened, amid this i tried pressing the power button and home button simultaneously, but nothing happened. somebody told me it is in the deep discharge state. can anyone help me out on this one please!!!!

2. XT550 macrumors regular

XT550

Toggle the Mute switch a couple of times before holding the Power and Home button for 10-20 sec. It's known to have worked for some.

3. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

lithium ion batteries that have been deep discharged die.

enter your serial # at https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/
    maybe your iPhone was on the list of bad batteries

the imei should be on the back. you can also look up your serial # by going to
    http://supportprofile.apple.com and looking up your apple IDs. that website has the devices you have registered

otherwise it will probably cost $79 to replace the battery at the apple store.

try a different charger. iPhone needs 1000ma to charge. which is not considered USB standard.

try charging it on a mac, they will provide the power that the iPhone needs.

try borrowing someone's iPad charger. that might work

you can also use about this mac, system report, to check the usb port to see if the iPhone is connecting. ( to charge )