iPhone Deep Sleep Issue- Won't Ring or Get Calls!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by boston44, Dec 31, 2009.

1. boston44 macrumors 6502

My friend has a 2G iPhone, and it never rings or receives calls. What I mean by that is whenever someone calls, you have to hit the menu button to see the person calling. If you don't "happen" to hit the button as they are calling, it will show a missed call once you do. It's very annoying, it will not ring and you miss 95% of the calls, not to mention it sucks when you are calling them and they never answer. It's jailbroken/unlocked with redsnow, but he is using AT&T still. I believe this is called deep sleep, and have not seen but one similar issue with no resolution. Thanks for any help.

2. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Try restoring the iPhone and then rejailbreaking with BlackRa1n.

3. boston44 thread starter macrumors 6502

Someone else suggested rejbing with Black Rain also, thanks I will try that!

4. boston44 thread starter macrumors 6502

I restored and jailbroke the phone to 3.1.2 with Pwnagetool (BlackRa1n is not for 2G after all). Still the same result. After about a minute in sleep mode it won't receive any calls unless you press the menu button. Does anyone else have any ideas at all? Thanks.

5. kanggs49 macrumors newbie

I am having exactly the same problem as being faced by your friend.

I am also using iphone 2G and having exactly the same problem as being faced by your friend. In case, you/your friend have come across some solution and it has worked, I will be highly grateful if you inform me the same. Additionally, another problem being faced by me is that sometimes after pressing the home button, the iphone takes longer time to respond, whereas when it is working properly, it responds immediately. Some solution for this problem also. Regards

6. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Blackra1n will work for the iPhone 2G but if you want to unlock the 2G you run blackra1n then download bootneuter from cydia and unlock the phone. Try that to see if it works.