iPhone "Default" Ring Tone for People NOT in my Address Book?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Mork, Jan 1, 2016.

1. JavierB macrumors newbie

Atypical? This is something I've wanted for years. Its just the ability to "Set Ringtone for all Contacts to..." its not that hard an implementation. OR alternately, a special ringtone for "unknown callers" or "Not in Contacts." Right now every call gets a default ringtone, its stored for All Callers. If its a call from someone in your contacts with a special ringtone, that gets played. NOT THAT DIFFERENT to store one where Anybody in your contacts gets one and anyone not gets another.

I would LOVE this feature. I have a couple of hundred business contacts and countless useless calls and a few special family and friends. Family & friends have a special ringtone, but useless strangers and my real contacts have to share, unless I manually change every single one.

2. bendc2000 macrumors newbie

bendc2000

I work as a volunteer firefighter and my dispatch agency texts me information. Being able to assign a ringtone to unknown number

3. cmmk13 macrumors newbie

cmmk13

--- Post Merged, Dec 20, 2017 ---
    I am looking for the same solution. It's hard to believe they do not have this option.

4. joeebel macrumors newbie

I can’t believe this isn’t a feature already! I receive about 6-12 calls a day from unknown numbers or “No caller ID”. Assigning ringtones to a couple hundred contacts is not a viable solution.

5. Thomas_J macrumors newbie

Thomas_J

Yes there is. If someone is not on my contact list, the phone rings the default ring. We want a ring assign to the entire contact list that is not ‘set to defaul’.