iPhone default ringtones suck

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spacepower7, Oct 20, 2007.

1. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

I think that most of the iPhone's default ringtones suck.

And so does my Mama!!!!!!

Coming from a Nokia 6102 or Moto Razr the iPhones ringtones suck even more than those two phones.

Imagine trying to tell someone (especially a 65+ year old) that paid $400 (and switched phone companies) to have a decent ringtone then they have to pay twice for it. Once for the song and once to edit the song. Then try to teach them to edit songs on itunes.

We found only 2 default ringtones agreeable and they still suck.

Will Apple offer just ringtones that aren't songs? for free or cheaper than $1.98

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

nobody ever uses default ringtones except like business guys.

Back in the US I was paying $1.98 or whatever for a ringtone AND 99C for the real song on iTunes. Being able to make your own ringtone is cool, and cheap.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

4. spacepower7 thread starter macrumors 68000

itoner

I agree iToner is great but do you want to have to teach my Mother how to use it each time Apple updates the os and it doesn't work.

I read somewhere recently that like 25% of iPhone users are over 50 years old. Is that true?

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Then you have until a version or alternative is created in February, March or April with Apple's official SDK :)

6. spacepower7 thread starter macrumors 68000

I am just saying

I am just saying that the current ringtones suck. You can agree or disagree but none of us know what will happen in the future.

Do you think that the current defaults suck?

I am just saying that for an out of box phone that the current options suck. We have better sounds on our Macs than iPhone.

7. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

sure they suck, but so did the default ringtones on all my other phones I've had.

And its not apples fault that you 65+ mom can't work a simple function in a simple program. If your mom is that incompetent with technology, then whats she doing with a $400 phone?

8. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

dam kinda angry.

9. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

ha, ya, sorry about that. I could have said that in a nicer way, but my point still stands.

10. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

This is a personal opinion, but I think that custom ringtones (or least those based off of popular songs) are the most annoying thing in the world. A phone ringing in a movie is bad enough, but its worse when its something like "sexy back" that completely distracts.

Apple's tones are much better than the defaults on most of the other phones I've had. I'll take Piano Riff over those any day.