iPhone iPhone "delayed" slide to unlock....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ryan Burgess, May 11, 2013.

1. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

This has been happening for a while now and it's really annoying, I'm not sure if anyone else has had the same problem or not. I'm on an iPhone 5 and jailbroken on iOS 6.1.2. Whenever I unlock the phone, there is a really annoying "delay" before it unlocks. It lags for a good 1-2 seconds before it unlocks. This is weird to me because the phone otherwise works perfectly, very very fast and with no lagging at all.

I had jellylock beta installed, and thought that was the problem, but I uninstalled it and 3 days later the problem still persists. If anyone has had this problem before let me know what you did to fix it, or if anyone has a guess as to what this could be? Thanks!

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Probably a setting or interaction with some other tweak

Have you tried go to safe-mode? If it is gone it is some Cydia app/tweak casuing it.

You can install SBsettings and in the more/mobile substrate addons you can disable all cydia tweaks/apps

now enable 1by or in batches to determine which tewak/app is causing the problem.

A bit more drastic but a solution might be to install jellylock again and after that use iLEX rat to uninstall and remove all non-necessary Cydia tweaks and settings files and go back to the basic Cydia.

You'll have to reinstall all your tweaks after the last method though

3. Ryan Burgess thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the advice, I just rebooted into safe mode and the problem still persists. What does this mean exactly? Does that mean its not a cydia tweak?

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

It means it is not a cydia/mobile substarte problem, it lies deeper in iOS.

If it is really annoying you can try the iLEX RAT route but no quarantees.

5. Ryan Burgess thread starter macrumors 6502

Interesting I guess I'll just deal with it, rather than go through that whole process. Thanks tho'