Iphone Delema

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bazookafx3, Apr 26, 2008.

  1. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    #1
    Okay so i dont know about all of you but i have apple ADD. For example i bought a nano years ago, decided i wanted more and bough a 30gb ipod video. After a few years with that i sold that and got a touch.
    But now... I WANT AN IPHONE! but here's my delema.... I could sell my Ipod touch now for around $300+ (with accessories) and my Samsung blackjack II for around $230+ which results in $530 which is $30 more than what i need for the glorious 16gig iphone. These stats are only if i sell them now. So latter when the new iphone comes out will they sell for as much? Would it be safer for me to just buy a current iphone with edge or wait till June for the 3g and pray to god the prices for my devices don't go down?? (something about 1 in the hand is better than 2 in the bush)
     
  2. Xpublius macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2008
    Location:
    Tulsa, OK
  3. Mitch1984 macrumors 6502

    Mitch1984

    Joined:
    May 16, 2005
    Location:
    Telford
    #3
    I'd wait, you'll get less for an iPhone when the new comes out, I doubt you'd get less for the iPod touch when the iPhone comes out.
     
  4. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2007
    Location:
    US
    #4
    I'm kinda in the same sutuation/dilemma as you. I have a touch and a KRZR cell phone and wonder if when the iphone comes out if the resell value for both will fall drastically? Of course I do have to wait till November for my stupid verizon contract to end so I'm guessing by then my touch and phone will be worth practically nothing. So, do I sell both now for more money and pay the $175 termintation fee, or wait till Nov. and not pay the fee but have my two toys be worth almost nothing? Thanks for your help !
     
  5. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    #5
    Yes but knowing Steve Sobs a 2nd gen ipod touch probably isn't too far away either

    Would it be better for me to sell them now, live with a go-phone that i put my sim card in for 2 months and buy the new iphone in june? i really do dread those go phones though
     
  6. LizKat macrumors 68030

    LizKat

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2004
    Location:
    Catskill Mountains
    #6
    The whole concept that something is worth nothing just because something newer rolls off the assembly line a little bit later has always eluded me, even if I do tend to be an early adopter.

    Since you have a nice cell and a nice iPod touch with WiFi capability, might as well save yourself the aggravation of paying the termination fee. Just don't rent too much space in your brain to the aggravation of not knowing right now how much someone else might want to pay for your "old" toys in six months.

    Enjoy the summer, keep your $175, pinch your pennies (give up a few pizzas) and you can probably come up with extra cash amounting to the depreciation in value of your current toys by November.
     
  7. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

    FarSeide

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2008
    Location:
    Earth Lane
    #7
    I was lucky enough to return my 16g iPhone for a full refund. I was also debating if I should keep the iPhone but at the end, I would rather wait using my BB Curve then having to lose money at the end.

    June/July cant come soon enough.

    If I were you, I would sell what you have now when 3G is still unknown to the mass media especially eBayers and get most of your $$ back.
     
  8. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    #8
    First of, I am already an ATT customer so no term fee if I do buy one. And yes I think I will wait until June for an iphone. 3g is worth waiting even if it will be a long wait. Not to mention i will be working alot more this summer which will help me pay the deficit between the 2 prices.
    And as for me thinking my 'toys are old' I admit i came off wrong when i posted, its not only that I want an iphone its also that i don't like the hassle of 2 different devices in my pocket. Also being able to use the safari browser on-the-go is way better than the blackjack 2 browser.
     
  9. MattyMac macrumors 68000

    MattyMac

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2005
    Location:
    NJ/NYC
    #9
    I think you should wait. If you took care of your iPods and have their original packaging and accesories, they won't lose that much value. It's just the way things are for all apple products. Hang on so you don't regret it come June.
     

Share This Page