iPhone Deleted All Data ITSELFFF???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lc*, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Lc* macrumors newbie

Hey im new to the forum :)

Heres the story..

I was sound asleep this morning.. I wake up to look in my pocket for my phone an its not there. I ask the Mrs and she says its in the living room as she was looking at it to see who i have texts from to be nosey although she knows it has a 4 digit pin lock on it and she doesnt know what it is :)

I asked for it back and she said yes but it lookd weird. Indeed it did look weird because Messages - gone, Apps - gone, Pictures and Videos - gone, It had basically been reset to factory settings.

I recently 2 days ago updated to 4.2 so have a back up on the PC. Hopefully this will work. It is doing it now. She claims it did it itself. Is this even possible? Or is it what i have assumed... 4.2 has reset the setting that erases all data after getting the pin wrong number of times? If it IS deleting itself (which I doubt) then this is something I need to fix.

Thanks

Chris

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Iphone has an option that'll erase all data when someone enters the wrong password a number of times. You can turn it off so that when the SO tries to break into your phone, you don't lose your data.
    Good thing you have a backup. You'd be surprised how many people can't be bothered to back up their data.