iPhone Delivery Carrier

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfanrutler, Jun 17, 2010.

1. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler

I have not yet seen who the carrier is for iPhone 4. Does anyone know if it is UPS or Fed Ex? My last iPhone came from UPS at 9:30am and my iPad cam Fed Ex at 3PM.

2. menist macrumors regular

menist

At&t states FedEx Overnight Shipping, dunno about Apple.

3. macfanrutler thread starter macrumors regular

macfanrutler

Strike that reverse it. iPhone came Fed Ex at 9am iPad came UPS at 3pm. So hopefully Apple follows suit with AT&T.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Given the sheer volume, it will likely be a mix of UPS and FedEx. Actually this was true of the 3GS launch too. UPS did ground shipments for units that were already in an Apple warehouse stateside and FedEx did air shipments from China. Of course UPS did most of the air shipments from China for the iPad launch so it's really anyone's guess at this point. We'll have to wait for the first tracking numbers to appear.

5. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I think you have it backwards for the iphone 3gs. I know for a fact that at least mine came straight from China with UPS. I thought FedEx was for the ones that were in Country.

6. UTVOL06 macrumors member

UTVOL06

Heres hoping fedex ships mine..UPS is always late afternoon where my work is.

7. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

Both my iPad and 3GS arrived via FedEX, so I believe it largly depends on area. I hope it's FedEX again.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Luckily UPS and FedEx both deliver early and often here.

9. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

Me too... FedEx gets in around 9am to my building in NYC, and UPS comes around 4:30-5... All that time would kill me.
    *Crossing fingers for FedEx*

10. looksandletters macrumors newbie

If you ordered through Premier it will come via FedEx, unless you're employed by another shipping company.

11. oldschooldude macrumors regular

I get what you are saying, but maybe getting it later in the day will reduce the amount of frustration you will experience getting it activated through iTunes.

12. emaja macrumors 68000

Really there is no way to know. How could we know?

Luckily, I am a Premier customer and AT&T specifically says that those orders will be shipped FedEx unless you work for another carrier. In my area FedEx delivers much earlier than UPS, so I should be getting mine around 10 AM if the pattern holds true.

13. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

Last year they were shipped express by fedex and guaranteed by 10:30am. How is everyone forgetting this. I got my delivery at 10am when I usually get it around 4.

14. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Because They were shipped by FedEx AND UPS last year. Mine was there before 1030 through UPS as well though.

15. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

If I have my phone in the morning that will be awesome. I was planning to work from home that day to ensure delivery. Oh man, I am NOT going back to work for the afternoon! ;)

16. elephunkman macrumors 65816