iPhone demand

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ibrainch, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ibrainch macrumors regular

Is it just me or is iPhone demand going to be through the roof? Everyday I have friends or colleagues who never would have considered an iPhone and don't own macs who are saying they are getting the new iPhone. I think we will all be surprised at how many people (and business-types who would have gone for a blackberry) are going to be buying iPhones. The crazy thing is that 95% of these people have no idea about the apps store and how much functionality it will add. I'm hoping for an early morning release so I can get there early (3-5am) and take it into work and flaunt it. Once people see the iapps and outlook integration they will be buying in droves...

2. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I too am hoping for an early morning release. I want to get the wait over with. :D

3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

The more I think about it, a morning release with plenty of iPhones in stock is probably needed. I know for Apple that they have gotten to the tradition to do things at 6PM, but with in-store activation and all the hype around the phone, they are going to need all the time they can get.

4. claybo macrumors newbie

i want an early release as well seeing as i will be unnecessarily camping out the night before and waiting until 6 would be horrible

5. agirton macrumors regular

Yes

It is weird, but everyone who thought I was crazy for standing in line for the first one and didn't get one want to stand in line with me this time.

6. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

Not, me. I would have been there bright and early for the 1st but I was out of the Country. I got back a couple of weeks later as they were back in stock.

This time, I'm going to keep my 2 iPhones, play with 2.0 for awhile, and then decide sometime in the next year. I would rather have a 32 GB since the Apps will use some memory. I want to wait and see how big those Apps are and watch this Forum for comments on that.

The 2 I have are 8GB and I'll see how fast they fill up. Maybe I won't be able to afford to come anywhere near filling them up.

7. And5555 macrumors member

Take this with a grain of salt, but my local AT&T store told me that they were expecting 300 iPhones for launch day. (Cedar Park, TX - suburb of Austin - pop ~60k)

8. agirton macrumors regular

I would love a 32 G version, but I am on my original 8 now, so anything more will be good. And I am still in my dreamworld that on launch day Apple will only have a 16 and 32 GB version available. They did scrap that 4 gb model pretty quick, maybe they learned from that. I know I am dreaming.

9. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I don't see them changing the memory size between now and launch, but it is possible. They primarily scrapped the 4GB version because it wasn't near enough storage for people's needs. With all the information regarding pricing and such, it would be a lot to scrap the 8GB version. But with all of the complaints that arose at the announcement of the discontinuing 4GB and price drop last year, I wouldn't expect them to drop the 8GB with them already announcing it. I can however see Apple releasing a 32GB option for $399 (maybe as early as September) on-top-of the 8GB and 16GB, but I do not see them discontinuing the 8GB before new-years.