Carrier iPhone design outdated but iconic?

UKapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Read plenty of posts across multiple forums which which state that the iPhone design is outdated and in need of refreshing etc but to me I personally think that the design is iconic. I mean it has stood the test of time and it makes it immediately recognisable when you see it as opposed to other brands where you really have to look closely to see whether it's a Samsung, HTC etc.

So with the upcoming release who would be sad to see it changed to something that has minimal bezels??

BasicGreatGuy

macrumors G5
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
It doesn't matter what other people think about the design (current or upcoming). What matters, is whether or not the owner of the device is happy with it (re: form and function). Asking others whether or not they would be happy with a change in bezel design (subjective opinion) and size is an exercise in futility, unless one subscribes to the mindset of logical fallacy.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Everyone's preference of the iPhone is going to vary. Some are going to approve and appreciate the changes that are coming, and others may not agree with it. That's just how it is. Technology should change over the years, to keep the product refreshed and prevent from being stagnant. But It won't change from the iPhone hardware and software experience that has always been premium.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

bushman4

macrumors 68030
Mar 22, 2011
Read plenty of posts across multiple forums which which state that the iPhone design is outdated and in need of refreshing etc but to me I personally think that the design is iconic. I mean it has stood the test of time and it makes it immediately recognisable when you see it as opposed to other brands where you really have to look closely to see whether it's a Samsung, HTC etc.

So with the upcoming release who would be sad to see it changed to something that has minimal bezels??
Time to do away with the bezels. And time to do away with the white front!!
Years Ago Apple made an iconic statement with these but now times have changed and it's time for Apple to move forward

swarlos

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2015
Time to do away with the bezels. And time to do away with the white front!!
Years Ago Apple made an iconic statement with these but now times have changed and it's time for Apple to move forward
Agreed! The whole white bezel thing is so annoying, I don’t know why OEMs continue to do this, it’s so freaking distracting and looks ugly.

Reactions: Sunny1990

michael9891

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2016
England
Agreed! The whole white bezel thing is so annoying, I don’t know why OEMs continue to do this, it’s so freaking distracting and looks ugly.
Not everyone wants a black front. Whether you like white or not, different people have different preferences.

Reactions: KGB7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.