iPhone destroys SIM card

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Manuva, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Manuva macrumors newbie

Hi
    I am experiencing probably one of the most annoying errors with my iPhone 3GS. I am running firmware 4.2.1 and had no problems jailbreaking and unlocking it. Everything worked out fine, however, after about 2 weeks my phone suddenly showed the "No SIM" notification. I took out the SIM card and put it back again but nothing happened not even the notification showed up anymore. When I put my SIM card to another phone it would not work either. So I talked to my carrier who gave me a new card and it worked perfectly. At least that's what I thought. Because after two weeks the same thing happened to me (the "No SIM" notification suddenly showed up again). I changed my SIM card three times in the two months and simply cannot figure out what keeps destroying them. Any suggestions?

2. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Restore your phone with out the jailbreak and see if it happens again. If so, replace the phone. If not lose the jailbreak.

3. Manuva, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011

Manuva thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not that easy. I need the jailbreak because of the unlock (it's not factory unlocked). And the SIM card doesn't work with any phone although the iPhone recognizes all cards but mine.
    EDIT: I went to the Hutchinson Three shop and they once again gave me a new SIM so my iPhone is working again. Hopefully the new jailbreak will help. The guy in the shop told me that they get a lot of complains by iPhone 3G users who have the same problem as I do. Most probably the reason for the destruction of the SIM card is that there is a minimal electrical charge that just ruins the USIMs.