iPhone Dev-Team Announces New Improved Hactivation Method!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Applejuiced, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Some very cool and interesting news when it comes to hactivation and those who dont have acess to an official simcard.
    The iPhone Dev-Team has announced a new hactivation method by sbinger that provides the full benefit of push applications and increases battery life substantially

Developer @sbingner (author of TetherMe) has made some excellent progress devising a new hactivation method that kills two birds with one stone for all you ultrasn0w unlockers. His tool, “Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM)” tricks your iPhone and iTunes into creating legitimate activation tickets even though you’re unlocked with ultrasn0w. This means you get the full benefit of push applications, and your battery life increases substantially. If you’d like to try it out, check out http://www.bingner.com/SAM.html

To help make it easier to try out @sbingner’s tool, we’ve updated redsn0w to include a new “Deactivate” option for the 3G and 3GS. Use this option *after* you’ve installed SAM…it will remove the normal patches made to lockdownd and let SAM take over. (sbingner plans on making a button to do this within SAMPrefs too). Great work, @sbingner!

You can download the new version of RedSn0w here:
    Mac https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.6b6.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
    Windows https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

2. az988 macrumors member

3. CZK macrumors 6502a

They should work on iphone 4 unlock and stop wasting time in my opinion.

4. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Will this work on an already hacktivated iphone 2g too?

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

It's your fault you updated your iPhone, not theirs.

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Only for iPhone 3G/3GS on 4.2.1 (jailbroken)

7. macfan881 macrumors 68020

he could have just got a new iPhone to.;)

8. CZK macrumors 6502a

Bought it with 4.1 installed in september..... Whats your point now.

9. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You should be patient don't complain/demand.

10. CZK macrumors 6502a

Not complaining, just saying that they are losing time on useless stuff while there is 99999999 person waiting on iphone 4 unlock. ( like SAM and the SHAtter exploit on apple tv ( who cares about apple tv))

11. labman, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010

labman macrumors 604

labman

Some people are never happy no matter what not everybody will be happy. The Dev-Team works on many projects at the same time. there are members that specialize in unlock others look for jb exploits other work one the tools. again those that want to tell the Dev-Team what they should and shouldn't so learn how to hack yourself. then you can focus 100% of your skills on what ever you want if it's that easy! :rolleyes: couch hackers! :rolleyes: also many Dev-team members are countries that offer unlocked phones really us in the US are the only ones that are truly locked. there might be a couple others but we are by far the largest locked country.

12. The LPT macrumors regular

Why do people who need an unlocked iphone buy a locked one? If you are not using it for AT&T is it safe to assume that you didn't buy it with subsidized pricing? If that is the case, then why not buy an unlocked one online?

If you bought a locked iphone hopeing for 4.0.2 Baseband, well, that's the chance you took and got burned.

13. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Here's where I'm confused: after installing SAM and SAMPrefs and "deactivating" with redsn0w, should I be kicked back to the "connect to iTunes" screen on the phone? 'Cause that's not what's happened for me, so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

14. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

He's probably trolling. Or just young and naïve.

15. LinMac macrumors 65816

16. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

It's your fault to get an locked iPhone. You knew it and is willing to take the risk. That's the point. Quit whining about how the dev team void the warranty and didn't make an unlock for your phone.

17. CZK macrumors 6502a

and you should probably get educated.

4.1 went out on sept 8 2010.

Bought mine on sept 25 2010. Chances that 4.1 was on my iphone were slim to none

Took the chance and now i'm assuming it.

Locked to telus.

18. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

It's sad that your iPhone 4 is locked to telus. Maybe you can try to develop an unlock yourself without voiding your warranty? As you know the dev team is "forcing" you use their hack and void your warranty.

19. CZK macrumors 6502a

.... iphone 4 =/= iphone 3g/3gs

Their tool is not for iphone 4....

please when you are a complete ignorant don't post such absurdities

20. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

When did i say their tool is for iPhone 4? I am saying that if you were to whine like a baby for not having a unlock for your iPhone 4 then develop your own unlock. But not whine about how the dev team force others to use their unlock and voiding their warranty.

You got your iPhone 4 knowingly that it's locked. It's your fault for taking the risk.

21. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They need to hurry or we will fire them.

22. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

We can boycott the unlock AJ.

(not that I need it).

23. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:D
    Yes, and then we can all depend on CZK for the next unlock.

24. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Eh, I wouldn't depend on him. He'll get impatient and come back to complain. LOL:eek:

25. macfan881 macrumors 68020

you can be less of a troll to just saying :rolleyes: