Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I see this thread is active so I will dear ask my question here.
Is there any way to activate an Iphone 3gs 3.1.3, a newer baseband without the original sim card (AT&T), for I have reseted it and now it is quite useless, as I am form Moldova:(

Nope, u need a valid AT&T simcard.
Wait some more time. There will be a new jb that activates and probably unlock also.

lionbest

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2010
How about this link, it says clearly that "The General settings allows you to decide the partition size. Check Activate the phone if you are not with an official carrier then click the blue arrow button." (Step 6)
The only downside is that I would have to install MAC OS, but that is not a real problem. Should I install MAC OS and try do that, or there they're talking about something different?

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5432

mcprobie

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2009
Paradise Corrupt
How about this link, it says clearly that "The General settings allows you to decide the partition size. Check Activate the phone if you are not with an official carrier then click the blue arrow button." (Step 6)
The only downside is that I would have to install MAC OS, but that is not a real problem. Should I install MAC OS and try do that, or there they're talking about something different?

Better just wait ... Tried all tricks I could find, no joy ... And I used MAC OS.

lionbest

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2010
That's a pitty, was really hoping. Anyway a friend of mine is gonna bring a SIM to me, but that is gonna happen in about one month.
Probably I willl still install a MAC OS on my netbook 1005HA ASUS, but now there is no hurry.
THX

creative4art

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
That's a pitty, was really hoping. Anyway a friend of mine is gonna bring a SIM to me, but that is gonna happen in about one month.
Probably I willl still install a MAC OS on my netbook 1005HA ASUS, but now there is no hurry.
THX

I installed MacOSX on AMD 64bit Quadcore :D
Check on insanelymac.com to see if your netbook is compatible or other users who may have gone through the same.

lionbest

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2010
It's been said that even with that OS it might not work, but still I have found a few tutorials for my netbook (1005HA)

MathiasVH

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2009
Allright guys, I'm stuck with a useless iPhone 3GS, and it's killing me - I've been without the iPhone OS for a couple of weeks now. Do any of you know if anyone from the jb-team has come out with an exact date of the release yet? I'm reeeeeeeeally getting impatient here..! :)

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
I've been wanting to unlock my 3GS since april, now that 4.0 comes out i will just update it to 4.0 and see what happens, i bet the unlock will come out pretty soon since everyone will want it even more than all the 3.1.3 ers like us

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008

That only works if your iPhone is already jb and with nontethered boot.
Still won't work.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Allright guys, I'm stuck with a useless iPhone 3GS, and it's killing me - I've been without the iPhone OS for a couple of weeks now. Do any of you know if anyone from the jb-team has come out with an exact date of the release yet? I'm reeeeeeeeally getting impatient here..! :)

Anytime after 4.0 is released. Maybe a few weeks or so would be my guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.