Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BwanaZulia

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2002
Now I am frustrated.

I applied way back when the SDK first came out and heard nothing for months until I just go this:

We are pleased to announce that your application for enrollment in the iPhone Developer Program is now being processed and we will be contacting you soon.

We appreciate your interest in the iPhone Developer Program. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Best regards,

It looks like some people here have just applied and are already accepted.

How long after you got the above email did you go to the next step?

This whole thing is driving me crazy with an application done and just waiting to actually get approved.

BZ

montyplease

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2008
Now I am frustrated.

This whole thing is driving me crazy with an application done and just waiting to actually get approved.

BZ

It looks like applications submitted as "Individual" are approved instantly, while "Company" applicants are left in limbo.

I tried both ways, and got no response on my company application for 72 hrs, while my indiviual application was immediate.

Before I shell out the $105 for the individual license, I wonder if the process to distribute apps to iTunes will take longer than those submitted under a company license. Anybody have some insight on that? Thanks.

Columbo X

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2007
UK
Now I am frustrated.

I applied way back when the SDK first came out and heard nothing for months until I just go this:

We are pleased to announce that your application for enrollment in the iPhone Developer Program is now being processed and we will be contacting you soon.

We appreciate your interest in the iPhone Developer Program. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Best regards,

BZ

I applied very late in the beta program (just before WWDC) and submitted a company application. I heard nothing until Tuesday when I got the same e-mail you got and I am still waiting.

When I initially applied I remember reading that Apple farm out the job of company checking to external agencies / companies, so these might be a bottleneck in the process.

Did you apply as a company?

BwanaZulia

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2002
I applied very late in the beta program (just before WWDC) and submitted a company application. I heard nothing until Tuesday when I got the same e-mail you got and I am still waiting.

When I initially applied I remember reading that Apple farm out the job of company checking to external agencies / companies, so these might be a bottleneck in the process.

Did you apply as a company?

Yes... but why should that matter? I guess I could re-apply as an Individual.

BZ

corecaptain

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2008
amatuer hour...

I applied as a business - over a period of a week I only get one email telling me my app is being processed. I suppose before giving me the privilege of running MY apps on MY hardware Apple's finance department needs to
run a credit check on my small one-man corporation or perhaps their legal team wants to make sure my company is not the next Enron, or maybe the team of hamsters powering their business apps division can't keep up - who knows!

After reading a blog somewhere - I go in and apply as an individual - hit submit and Apple takes my money. I refresh the order status and see the "order complete, electronically delivered product" message. Only I received no emails, nothing to download in the software dowload section of store.apple.com, nothing showing up when logged in to developer.apple.com - NOTHING - I call customer support - she is nice enough but can only transfer me to a number that isn't open on the weekends (silly me - what was I thinking that working on my iphone app over the weekend might be a relaxing and rewarding experience).

I love my iphone, I am starting to like my new macbook pro, but honestly this type of experience is starting to trigger some serious deja vu of some of the reasons I abandoned Apple development (Mac/Think C) in the early 1990s and went unix/wintel.

As a developer I am very fortunate to have more than one option for how I devote my time+resources and Apple should respect that.

Dippo

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I applied as a business - over a period of a week I only get one email telling me my app is being processed.

After reading a blog somewhere - I go in and apply as an individual - hit submit and Apple takes my money. I refresh the order status...

I am in the exact same boat. Apple gladly took my $100 over a week ago, but nothing happened after that!

What's the phone number that I need to call I can't find it?

corecaptain

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2008
phone number:

I am in the exact same boat. Apple gladly took my $100 over a week ago, but nothing happened after that!

What's the phone number that I need to call I can't find it?

I first called Apple Store cust service number - the rep couldn't handle
the situation and transferred me to this #:

1-888-659-5842

open 6am-6pm PST M-F

I just don't understand Apple's motivation here? The App Store has like 5 different "flashlight" apps, multitudes of "tip calculators" and I also saw numerous apps that appear to be nothing more than e-book readers for classic literature that are out of copyright --- Come on Apple!! There are probably thousands of devs out there trying to implement their own ideas or have clients who want to get something out ASAP and you can't even manage to distribute a few keys that cost $100 so they can get to the next step which still requires your approval (distribution) ???? This is a joke. I can tell you that if this keeps up this is the sort of thing that can kill a platform cold - I don't care how much hype there is....There are many times more developers in the world with java experience than objective C. The competition isn't sleeping and when it shows up it would be good for Apple if there is a strong community of devs. I was approached by a very senior manager at a large health insurer just yesterday asking me about iphone as a platform for enabling some ideas he has..this was a serious conversation ... like what would it take resource wise/time wise to deliver x,y,z .. how does the platform compare to android, is the iphone ready for deployment of enterprise applications...

DaveyJJ

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2006
I got the email (below), but when I try to activate I get an error message.

Of course support is only active M-F :(
Anyone been able to activate?

Dick

Error Message:

We are unable to activate your iPhone Developer Program membership because we are unable to successfully verify your identity. Please contact us and reference Enrollment ID# xxxxxxxxxx for further assistance.

email:

Thank you for applying to the iPhone Developer Program. To activate, simply click on the Activation code link below

Activation Code Part Number

iPhone Developer Program xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx D4521G/A

If you need furthur assistance, please contact us.

iPhone Developer Program

I got exactly this too ... the root cause? The link to buy the $99 license took me through iTunes which logged me in on my personal account ... and since the personal account and my ADC emails are different, this is what I got stuck with. Still waiting for them to sort it out. Two apps ready to submit once they do.

itouch2007

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
I'm loosing my fate in Apple.. Paid money week ago and support here in Australia can't solve the problem.

They keep telling me that they transferred my problem to so called "internal" team, but nothing is happening.

How bloody hard is to fix such a simple issue??

I'll wait for another week if nothing changed will switch back to WM6 programming.

BwanaZulia

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2002
Called again.

They said they were "looking at it" and it would be "soon".

This is painful.

All I want to do is launch my super-awesome-app!

:)

BZ

Dippo

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Finally some progress

Well hopefully I will be on my way to verifying my identity.

I called the Apple Developer Connection at 800-633-2152.

After being on hold for 10 minutes, I gave the nice woman my Enrollment ID# from the error page I received. She said that my addresses were different and that I would need to fax a copy of my driver's license to 408-974-1053.

I just scanned my driver's license and uploaded the PDF to faxzero.com to fax it for free because I don't have a phone line much less a fax machine. She said that they get all of the faxes e-mailed to them daily in the evening, so hopefully by tomorrow I will be on to the next step.

I hope that helps anyone in the same situation.

Also, I sent over half a dozen messages using that online form that it says to use, and over a week later I still haven't gotten a response!!!

druphone

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2008
Applied on July 16 - no email at all

Looks like people are in various stages of the process. Just thought I'd add that I have applied and all I have so far is my enrollment ID. No emails at all.
BTW I applied as a company.

Andrew

Dippo

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Looks like people are in various stages of the process. Just thought I'd add that I have applied and all I have so far is my enrollment ID. No emails at all.
BTW I applied as a company.

Andrew

I applied for a company months ago, and still nothing. I finally tried applying as an individual and I got immediate acceptance (except for the verify identity issue). The threshold for companies must be much higher or the process must be much much slower...

chadwin

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2008
who else?

signed up initially and never wrote down the darn code? Come on - this is a newbie online sign up mistake - send out a confirmation message with the code - uh let me see - you have the code, you have our email.

Btw if you don't have your code you can call the 800 number I found out and they can look up your application via your name, email address and the like. But don't expect any more info than "it is in process".

marius4143

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2008
signed up initially and never wrote down the darn code? Come on - this is a newbie online sign up mistake - send out a confirmation message with the code - uh let me see - you have the code, you have our email.

Btw if you don't have your code you can call the 800 number I found out and they can look up your application via your name, email address and the like. But don't expect any more info than "it is in process".

If you haven't heard back about your initial application you can apply again and, after you log in, it will skip right to the "thank you for applying" page and give you the same code. At least it did for me.

TnrUkr

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
San Jose, CA
I was one of the unverified identity people, since my membership name and credit card name didn't match. I called the 800 number listed above and it was cleared up in about 30 seconds.

mgz

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
Been waiting FOUR MONTHS

Has anyone had this happen to them? I signed up for the standard program on April 8. I've received a couple emails over time indicating that they do know I exist, and are still processing my application.

It is now August 6... almost four months later, and I've not even gotten to the stage yet where I pay the $99.

The really frustrating part is, at work, I signed up for an enterprise dev program application for my employer, and within 2 weeks we were all set up!

MGZ

dancavallaro

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
Jesus, I just had a strange experience. A few days ago, I applied to the developer program as a personal developer, but did not hear back. I wasn't worried, but when I heard about people getting approved almost instantly, I decided to try again with a new Apple ID. So I tried to create a new Apple ID from the ADC iPhone page, but got stuck at the "We are processing your request. Please try again in a moment" page for hours. Eventually I gave up, but I remembered I had yet ANOTHER Apple ID from way back when. So I applied with that, and was instantly approved and taken to the Apple Store with the developer program in my cart. But when I went to check out and was prompted to log in, I tried entering the login information for the Apple ID I had originally applied for and, lo and behold, it worked! So I bought the developer program fee on a different account than the one I was approved on. Hopefully that didn't mess anything up.

dancavallaro

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
Actually, I checked my email this morning and I had the activation code! So I'm now officially a registered iPhone developer, with access to the Dev Portal and everything! Very strange... so for anyone else out there who is thinking of making a new Apple ID to get approved faster, you should be able to get approved on the new ID, but then enter your original ID to pay the $99 and get accepted to the program. That's what I did, and I'm now registered under the Apple ID that I originally wanted.

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Actually, I checked my email this morning and I had the activation code! So I'm now officially a registered iPhone developer, with access to the Dev Portal and everything! Very strange... so for anyone else out there who is thinking of making a new Apple ID to get approved faster, you should be able to get approved on the new ID, but then enter your original ID to pay the $99 and get accepted to the program. That's what I did, and I'm now registered under the Apple ID that I originally wanted.

Good, now hurry up and complete your contracts, because that will take another 3 weeks!

OUfan316

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2008
Somewhere in the USA....
Good idea, but...

That is a good idea, but when I try to create another Apple ID, it says my email is already used in my old one, what should I do now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.