iPhone developer -- company/organization?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by kockgunner, Nov 7, 2008.

1. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I want to start trying to make apps for the iPhone and want to apply to be a developer. However, when signing up, it asks for my company/organization. I am a student and not affiliated with any organization so can I still apply? I want to fill in the form as truthfully as possible so as to avoid problems in the future. How to I fill in the form?

2. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

I put "none", or just make up a company like "abcd .inc"

3. kockgunner thread starter macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Thanks for the reply. Is it legit though, like if Apple sends you a payment for your sales, does it go through?

4. firewood macrumors 604

Don't make up a name. Get a DBA and a business license in case someone (Apple or various tax authorities) checks. Or check with a lawyer to see if you can use your own legal name as a business name in your jurisdiction.

5. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

If you will be making money than chances are high you need to get a business license from your city, county or state (probably cost like $60 to get it). If you don't file anything else, your business name is going to be your own name. Note, this is just from my knowledge in the US. At this point I would just put your own name or "none", until you have something ready to sell, and then get a business license. You can always change your info on Apple's site.

6. djod macrumors newbie

iPhone Opps

Have you considered getting some experience through freelance development? We've got an ever-expanding database of iPhone developer opportunities.