iPhone Developer Status

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isaac17, Jun 18, 2008.

1. isaac17 macrumors member

Hey, I'm not sure if this is in the right spot, but what do I need to do to get Developer status from apple for developing iPhone apps? I've already applied but I haven't heard anything yet. Apps launch in a week or so, so I assume most developers are already in, right?

What am I supposed to do?

Thanks

2. Greencardman macrumors 6502

I've been hearing many people haven't heard back or been accepted, so you're not alone.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

If you've already applied you've just got to wait. I think at WWDC last week they said that less than 20% of those that applied to the iPhone Developer program have been accepted so far, so you're not alone.

At least the SDK is freely available, so you should be able to get your app going pretty good by the time they accept you into the program (assuming that they'll eventually allow everyone).

4. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Yeah, the iPhone Simulator included in the free downloadable SDK is good enough for most things, you won't actually need hardware until you are testing sounds, performance, or hardware things like accelerometer.

5. isaac17 thread starter macrumors member

I'm just worried about getting in by launch day, which is now looking like it might not happen.

6. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Oh yeah, you would have had to have heard back a couple weeks ago to make launch. Keep in mind, 25,000 people applied to pay their $100, but Apple only allowed 4,000 people to get into the beta. Even big corporations apparently were turned down.

Supposedly, once the OS 2.0 launches, they'll open the floodgates.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Go to this website: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/ and they'll explain the waiting period. Below is from the website:

Already applied to the Program?

"Thank you for applying to the iPhone Developer Program. We have many more requests than we can serve during this initial beta period, so we must limit the Program at this time. We plan to expand it during the beta period, and we will contact you regarding your enrollment status at the appropriate time. We appreciate your patience."

8. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

What he said^