iphone Developer Summit

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mekopolis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. mekopolis macrumors regular

iphone Developer Summit
    March 18th - 20th
    in New York

per Magazine: Fast Company March 2008

does anyone know where in New York?

I got all excited thinking that it was referring to February 18th-20th and was thinking why didn't we hear anything about it.

-can't wait till the SDK comes out, hopefully next tuesday

2. mekopolis thread starter macrumors regular

blurb

here is the blurb:

"Now that Steve Jobs has (finally) released the official software development kit for his all conquering phone - more than 4 million units sold! - the question on every programmer's mind is what in the world to do with it. "you've got an audience craving custom content," says kevin hoffman, editor in chief of the Iphone Developer's Journal and technical chair of the inaugural summit. " Developers are thinking, What can I do to make money off that? that thought will drive the innovation talk at this two day gathering, where a couple of hundred delegates will get all technical about both web based and native program opportunities. But hackers can stay home; "There will be no technical content," hoffman says, " on how to hack your iphone."

3. robhedin macrumors regular

this takes place as part of AJAX World... I looked into going, but didn't find the (published) agenda to be overly compelling-- looked to be mainly about writing web apps for use on the iPhone with AJAX and RIA, and a single 45 minute "intro to the SDK" on the 2nd day. While it's only $300 for up to 3 people, the Roosevelt hotel added another $600+ dollars per night plus air fare, taxi and food just didn't seem to be what I was looking for.

For more info, see: http://iphonedevsummit08.sys-con.com/

rob.

4. mekopolis thread starter macrumors regular