iPhone Development Certificate Validity period.

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by mpramodjain, Dec 23, 2009.

1. mpramodjain macrumors regular

Nov 20, 2008
    I have gone through the How to section of the iphone Developer programm portal -> certificates->How to . I would like to have clearence regarding the following quests.

What is the validity period of the iPhone Developer Certificate.
    What is the process to be done after the expiration of current Develper certificate.
    Do we need to install again new WWDR intermediate certificate.
  2. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

Jul 6, 2007
    Check the expiration dates on your certificates. My main certificate expires one year after I created it (15-DEC-10 for example). Apple's CA certificate expires in a few years. If the WWDR intermediate cert requires input from your cert (I forget, it was very late when I got everything generated correctly), then you'll need to regenerate the WWDR with your new cert once you get it.

You'll need to renew your current cert before the 1 year expiration is up for the smoothest results (keeps existing apps from being delisted from the app store, for example). You can renew after your cert has expired (Apple recommends this if it is the case), but I don't think the process is as automated as renewing before your current cert expires.