iPhone Development Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nremondelli, Apr 5, 2009.

1. nremondelli macrumors member

So I have resigned myself to the fact I am stuck with 3.0 on my iPhone. So now what happens every time a new Beta comes out? Does it automatically update in itunes or do I manually download it? And, most importantly, once 3.0 is officially released, can my phone go back to a regular non-developer handset?

2. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Are you trying to do it on a Mac or a PC? The ONLY way that I found is if you do it on a PC. Every Mac way that I found on the internet ended up in failure. There was one way that I found that worked with iRecovery, but everytime you restarted the phone, it locked itself up again...

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

You have to download it from Apple's iPhone Developer Center page (I'm assuming you're a registered developer). iTunes only checks for officially released public versions.

I'm pretty sure the answer to that is yes. I don't think there's anything special about an iPhone running the 3.0 beta right now other than it requires the UDID to be on a dev account. Once the final release is out your iPhone should be like everyone elses, at least that was the case when I was testing the 2.0 beta.