iPhone development resources?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by rand0m3r, Apr 18, 2008.

1. rand0m3r macrumors regular

hi. besides the iphone dev center, is there any other useful resource on the web? i'm really struggling with iphone development, despite having done some cocoa development before. what i really need is a book like "cocoa programming on mac os x". that would be sweet...

2. Monkaaay macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

I would suggest the forum in my signature, of course I'm very biased.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

This may be incorrect, but I wrote down that Aaron Hillegas (of Big Nerd Ranch) will have a new book out in May on Cocoa Programming for MacOS X. I'd imagine the top names will be having books out by next month. Amazon etc usually show the titles before they're published, with expected shipping dates, so you might want to find some good names of people in the area, then amazon search them for new material. Hope this helps :)
    Kochan I imagine has something in the pipeline too.

Edit: And look, Monkaay has a Tutorial Directory At iPhone Dev SDK just put on today :)

4. rand0m3r thread starter macrumors regular

where is this? can u link me?

edit: oh u were referring to another poster on this thread. ta.

5. skochan macrumors regular

I am in fact working on a second edition of my book, mainly to cover Objective-C 2.0 (not that much of a difference from 1.0 actually) and also to add a couple of chapters on Cocoa and the iPhone SDK. The book will be also be more Mac-centric...I've since abandoned the hope of Objective-C becoming a widely-adapted, inter-platform programming language. So, the second edition will start with NSObject and XCode from the start.

Cheers,

Steve Kochan