iPhone Device Name

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 757flyer, Jun 24, 2009.

1. 757flyer macrumors newbie

I am a newbie to the world of Apple, and I wasn't paying close enough attention when I named my iPhone the first time I hooked it up to iTunes (I didn't realize I was naming the phone itself). Is there any way to change the name of the phone after the fact? I haven't had any luck finding a way to do it.

Thanks

2. dlemmon macrumors regular

yeah

when it's hooked up to itunes, click on the name of your device(might take two clicks far apart) then it should highlight the name of your phone alowing you to enter text. then press enter. it worked on mine, I"m on a mac pro with the lastest itunes software. I don't know if it's different, but I have the 3gs and I've always been able to name my other ipods i have

3. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Works the same way in iTunes for Windows as well.
    Just do a slow double click on the device name and it will allow you to rename it.

4. Matt50 macrumors newbie

2 devices with same name

When I connect my new iphone with my computer to use itunes, it recognizes my iphone as the same name as my wife's ipod and it will not allow me to synch. (I must have miss-hit a key when I first tried to set up this new iphone). How can I rename my iphone and re-introduce it to itunes as if they had never met before, or is there something else I should do so I do not have to mess with my wife's ipod which synch's fine? Heeelp!