iPhone didn't automatically switch to standard time this morning

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ksgant, Nov 6, 2011.

1. ksgant macrumors 6502a

ksgant

Everything set to auto. Date & Time set to "Set Automatically". Location services with "Setting Time Zone" in the System Services are on. But as of right now it says it's 3:30 when it's 2:30 in the morning now.

When I set the time-zone to manual and put in east coast, it's right, but this shouldn't be happening, should it? It should have automatically set.

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Your iPhone may take awhile to reset the time, but you could possibly try restarting.

3. ksgant thread starter macrumors 6502a

ksgant

restarting fixed it, but still, that shouldn't have happened. If this was the spring and it happened, I would have been late if I had set any alarms.

but thanks for the suggestion.

4. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Mine didn't switch either. I don't want to reset, I want to see how long it will go like this!

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. HopHead927 macrumors member

Mine set the time to the wrong time zone. A restart fixed it, but it's pretty ridiculous that Apple still hasn't fixed this issue. Not all of us can wake up at 2 am to restart our phone so that it has the correct time (mostly because our alarm would not go off at 2 since the clock would be wrong...).

7. asen89 macrumors newbie

Well, I don't know about iPhones, but my iPad changed the time zone automatically and correctly.

8. BFG86 macrumors 6502

Mine had the correct time this morning but it has since moved an hour ahead again

9. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

I just put mine into airplane mode and once I took it out of airplane mode it was fine.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here.
    Around 10am and still didn't change.
    We shouldnt have to restart cause by then the alarm went off an hour earlier anyway.