Iphone died while charging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 92P92, Jan 15, 2014.

1. 92P92 macrumors member

Hello

I left my Iphone 5 charging last night, I woke up 30 minutes ago and it's just dead. It has shut itself off during the night I guess and I can't turn it on. 15 minutes ago i tried charging at another socket but it doesn't seem to help.

Does anyone know a quick fix because I live in a country without an official Apple flagship store so when I return it to the store where I bought it, I won't have my phone for like 3 weeks because they have to send them to Apple.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Can you try a different cable/charger?

Do you actually get the low battery icon if you try to power the phone on?

3. 92P92 thread starter macrumors member

I have only one lightning cable so i can't try another one.

Nope no low battery icon. The screen just stays black when I try to turn it on

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Try holding the home and power buttons at the se time for about 10 seconds.

5. 92P92 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks doing that turned the phone on :)
    Should I still go to the store to have someone look into the problem or not?

6. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

Well what does the phone tell you when you turned it on. Is the Battery still low, if so get a new charger and cable.:confused:

7. 92P92 thread starter macrumors member

The phone didn't tell me anything and battery was at 100%

8. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Sounds like you are good to go. Just remember that holding the power and home button down for about 10 seconds or until the Apple logo appears is rebooting the phone. Like a computer rebooting fixes a lot of problems.

9. jjbad macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5 dead as well when my cheap charger blown up. Please help what can I do.. do I need to replace the battery by my self? Is the explosion cause a big damage on my iPhone? or shall I bring it to Apple shop or high St. repair shop? How much it cost me? please help!!!

10. jahall05 macrumors regular

Take it to Apple. Nobody here can tell you what is wrong with it or what may need replaced/repaired based on this description. Also, nobody here can quote a price for repairs/replacements.