iPhone Dies Overnight?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dylanb02, Aug 23, 2010.

1. dylanb02 macrumors newbie

Hi, I went to sleep last night and my iPhone 3GS (4.0.1 software) was working. I set my alarm and went to bed. I woke up and the alarm still went off but the phone was saying that it needed to be restored. I have attempted to restore it four times and always get a 1002 error and the process fails.

Here's my full error log.
    http://pastebin.com/qTxdF37P

Any ideas? Is the phone fried? Will apple replace it?

2. Doom878 macrumors member

Strange but the same thing happened to me this morning. I purposely left the phone on 4.0.1 as well on my 3GS. Today was the first day of school too so I needed to avoid the traffic. Anyways, I attempted to restore and it was basically stuck in the waiting to restore screen. I made an appt with my Apple store.

3. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

When you say you attempted to restore...are you getting the error message during or after? Did the restore complete? Is your phone jailbroken?

4. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

Also at this point you should only be able to restore to 4.0.2, assuming you aren't jailbroken. Have you downloaded the 4.0.2 firmware in iTunes yet?

5. Doom878 macrumors member

On iTunes it just sat stale waiting to restore. I couldn't even close the program after I disconnected the phone so I had to alt/ctl/del close it. Not jb'ed and had 4.0.1. Was prompted yesterday to upgrade but I cancelled.

Anyways, I took it to the Apple Store and it restored no issues. Waited an hour even with the appt though. :mad: Now I have 4.0.2 so I can't jb. :mad:

6. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

Unless you saved your blobs for 4.0.1. Then you could downgrade and jb.

7. Doom878 macrumors member

What do you mean saved my blobs?

Oh and when I got home to restore my backup, I had to restore from scratch again as after restoring the backup something wasn't right. Works fine now.