Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

April Dancer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Surrey, UK
My question is a sticky one but would be interested in your thoughts...

Currently on an expired o2 contract (unlimited data etc). Bought an iP4 from CPW on Vodafone last week and was waiting for number to port. Rang Vodafone just now and it appears they have never heard of me, no communication with o2, no recognition of my number etc. Told me to go back to CPW as they've obviously not done what they were supposed to do.

Phoned o2 to check the status of my account and he confirmed that the account was untouched, no correspondence from Vodafone, nothing. As far as o2 are concerned, my contract is running as normal.

So, I now find myself the owner of an iP4 (paid £139) on my old o2 contract. No Vodafone contract.

So what to do next. I'm asking out of interest really as I know what I will do (contact CPW) but could I let it ride and see what happens? Would I end up with two contracts somewhere down the line? If the sim in the iP4 is not active yet does that mean it's still unlocked? So many questions... ;)

biohead

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
West Drayton, UK
Personally I'd let it ride. More than likely they'll eventually get around to it. Worst that can happen is you have two contracts in one month (where you can then just cancel your O2 one).

Unlocked or not... try and pick up a free microsim from somewhere. Three do free payg ones on their website, O2 do free iPad sims which do the job too.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
If you can activate the phone with one of these sim cards then i would swap in the jb/unlock, swap in the o2 sim and call it a day

April Dancer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Surrey, UK
Well, there's nothing I can do at the moment. About to get on a plane and scoot off for a couple of weeks so will see what happens when I get back. What I really want is not;

- to be arrested!
- to lose my number

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.