iPhone Dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NavySEAL6, Oct 8, 2007.

1. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

Here we go..
    I love this thing. Easily one of the coolest gadgets i've ever seen. People say the service is horrible, but coming from nextel, its pretty good. Of course it is my luck that my iPhone gets pretty good service everywhere i go except of course my own home where i want to use it. I do have a wireless router for internet, and I heard a few things about skype on the iPhone. is it possible yet, for me to sign up for skype, and use it through my phone at my home, through my iphone? In essence, using wifi to make the call instead of the At&t towers. any help or alternate solutions would be appreciated

2. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

4. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

5. NavySEAL6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

call forwarding isnt really what im looking for...being that the whole point is not to use my house line. one thing that may be nice is call forwarding to a skype account..

as for the link posted, it looks good, but does it actually allow you to use the skype calling services through it?

6. NavySEAL6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

I had the same problem. When you enter my house.. all cell phones loose their signal. I had a cell phone repeater installed in the house (bought it off Ebay) and now my reception problems are histroy. If I were you, I would go this route then waiting for Skype to be available as a client on the iPhone or AT&T to offer a service like T-Mobile has.