iphone dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonbig08, May 16, 2009.

  1. jonbig08 macrumors newbie

    Jun 22, 2008
    Hey all, maybe you can help me out...

    I have the first iPhone. I stood in line June 29th 2007 and paid $500 for it, or was it $400?. Anyways, the things is giving up the ghost now. Until about a week ago it was still working perfectly. The battery lasted for days. I cracked the screen after the 356th time of dropping it about a month ago and it STILL worked perfectly. Now though it won't charge, and the screen is getting somewhat more difficult to use as the cracks are growing. I need a new one. What concerns me is getting the new 3G and then 2 days later Apple comes out with a newer one at the same price. I wish they would just let us know something so I could make an educated decision. What are the chances of the new one coming out soon? I would have to be without a phone the whole time I was waiting, so it couldn't be long. What are the chances of it being the same price as the 3g? Should I get a new one now? Wait (phoneless) for the next one? Get a refurbished new one and then get the NEXT new one? Ahhh!
  2. machacker macrumors regular

    Jun 25, 2008
    Here is what I would do. I would go online, and find a used, cheap phone that works with AT&T. Like an old Razr or something. Slap your sim into that and use it for a month. Wait until the new iPhone is released and then make your move based on which one you like better.

    I am still unconvinced that there will be new hardware. So it should be interesting to see what happens at WWDC.
  3. ataboc macrumors 6502

    Nov 27, 2007
    what makes you unconvinced?
  4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

    Aug 10, 2008
    Ditto, and I think you can get a pre pay phone also from at&t and use that.
  5. machacker macrumors regular

    Jun 25, 2008
    I'm unconvinced because we would have seen some pics or something by now. Even right before the new iPod Nanos came out we saw pics of new cases being made that had a new shape. We haven't seen anything. I am having a tough time believing that Apple wouldn't want some 3rd party stuff to be in production before the release of the 'new phone'.

    I think that the 3.0 software is a great upgrade and hardware along with it would almost be overkill. I know Apple has a habit of following patterns, but I think they know that just as much as we do, and would benefit from changing it up on us. Besides, how much more would they benefit from having the new phones 2 years apart. Give the new at&t customers time to need an upgrade. They would get more people buying by then.

    I just don't see anything but speculations and fan art for the new phone. There has been nothing substantial enough to prep for. while I am hopeful, I am not optimistic.

Share This Page