iPhone dim/dark screen and vibrate switch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wildoggy, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Wildoggy macrumors newbie

Hi i got a iPhone 3gs. My problem is that my screen is dim. Its on but it's like the backlight doesn't work. Is this caused by water damage? I was installing a invisible shield case and forgot to turn my phone off when doing so. It is possible that a little liquid got in but i was very careful. If this is the case would I need to replace the LCD screen? Also my vibrate switch is flakie when I have it on vibrate it all the time. For example when I touch the switch or the screen or if it's moved. I figure I need a new switch but would I need the circuit(I believe thats what it is) as well?

thanks

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Have you tried turning off the Auto Brightness in the settings or making the screen brighter?

With regards to the vibrate switch i accidently sat mine in a puddle of water and the sound/vibrate swutch started spazing out. Its ok now as i dried it quickly.

3. Wildoggy thread starter macrumors newbie

ya i tried everything i could think of. I started with the auto brightness(didn't work) I even took the invisible shield off the light sensors and it didn't work so i'm thinking i'm in for a bigger problem

4. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

That's really strange. You could always try taking it in to Apple. Perhaps they'll be able to fix the problem.

5. Eduardo1971 macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

My 3g s died a couple of days ago. It was the screen-it turned light gray with some faint vertical stripes. It sounds like your phone may be on its way out.

On a separate note my wife 3g s also has that same ringer problem. She would take it in put it is out of warranty.