iPhone iPhone dimming on its own after waking up from sleep?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bobright, Feb 18, 2013.

1. bobright macrumors 601

Jun 29, 2010
    So it's weird my phone not always but certain times it'll just dim all the way down after an autolock.

I wake it up from sleep and its brightness is dimmed all the way down, I'll raise the brightness, put it to sleep and wake it up and it's dimmed again. I have auto brightness off so its not that what JB tweak could be causing this? Is there a fix?
  2. JPChicago macrumors regular

Nov 9, 2012
    It happens to me too when i respring on any occasion. I just press the power button to sleep it again and press it again to wake it up, and the brightness goes back to normal.
  3. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

May 3, 2008
    Hampshire, England
    I get this too, I think I've found it's the jailbreak itself which is causing it as my wife's phone did the same thing from a clean install and jailbreak, before I put a single tweak on it.

It is annoying but I'm learning to live with it, hoping it gets fixed in the near future.

4. Norinion macrumors regular

Oct 18, 2010
    I actually had this happen before. Even without the jailbreak. on my iPhone 5 even before evasi0n came out.
  5. declandio macrumors 6502

Apr 3, 2009
    London, UK
    I also get this- but am not jailbroken...
  6. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Jun 29, 2010
    Hmm strange so maybe it isn't the JB after all, right away you think it is if your hacked lol