IPhone disabled need help!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dbeezy, Mar 15, 2010.

1. dbeezy macrumors newbie

i just brought this iphone from one of my freinds co workers and he told me the password to it and i tried it but it didnt work so he gave me a different 1 to keep trying..now the phone is disabled and i dont no what to do because i have no acces to his pc to plug it up n restore is there anything i could do to get passed the disabled screen n password screen? thanks if not ill just have to throw it away i guess loss of money =(

2. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

3. iceman17 macrumors newbie

That's Easy

Return the phone to whoever you stole it from. I bet they know the password.

4. shadowbird423 macrumors regular

shadowbird423

Sounds stolen. :cool: Prove it isnt and I will help.

5. dbeezy thread starter macrumors newbie

k

when i plug it into my pc at home it says it cant do anything because its locked with a passcode..i brough it from a freinds co worker i mean if theres nothing i can do its ok i learned my lesson ill never buy a phone like this from a fake freind again =(

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Guilty till proven innocent? :D

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Do a DFU restore and you will be able to set it up as a new phone.
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

8. shadowbird423 macrumors regular

shadowbird423

Fine. Google "Dfu mode" , follow the instructions and restore. But if you stole this, negative karma will be unleashed upon you tenfold!!

9. dbeezy thread starter macrumors newbie

k

intead of a restore button popping up a message popping up saying u must put the password in? am i doing it wrong?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You gotta put the phone in restore mode before.
    Read the link I gave you and follow the directions.

11. dbeezy thread starter macrumors newbie

k

i cant put it into rerstore mode when i plug it in it says itunes could not hook up to itunes because thge password

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You know if you cant follow simple directions I dont know what else there is.
    Bring it back to your "friend" and ask for the password.....

13. dbeezy thread starter macrumors newbie

k

true im sorry i just trying so many different ways sorry for bien so noob with this phone..im doin what the video says but its not popping up with a restore option its saying cant connect bc of password..im sorry shoulda just brought it from the store i learned....i just tried to restore thing i saw the apple n everything n released the sleep button and held the home still but it returned me to the disabled screen =(

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You gotta keep trying till you time it perfect.
    It takes a few times to get it right.

15. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Couldn't this all be cleared up by getting in touch with the original owner of the phone? I mean, you just spent hundreds of dollars on a used device from what sounds like a stranger; did you not obtain a phone number or email address or SOMETHING from the seller? How did you even link up to complete the sale? If it was through your friend, can your friend get ahold of this person? It seems like this could be all cleared up rather easily by contacting them and saying "Hey, what was that passcode again?"

16. huskermania macrumors member

So it's kinda like me saying "Hey, I bought this computer from a friend and forgot the password to it, can anyone help how to get past the login?" Anyway, just call the guy and ask for the pass code. It shouldn't be that hard...