iphone disabled pass lock

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kevglady, Sep 25, 2010.

1. kevglady macrumors newbie

hi guys this is a genuine problem the iphone is not stolen or been bought stolen... i have an iphone 3g which ive had now for over 12 months which i bought off my sister who sync it on her computer which she no longer has, i bought a iphone 4 last week and let my wife have the old iphone which she let my 7 year old have it to look at videos and pics and play childrens apps on it, they have some how put a passcode lock on it and she cannot remeber what she put is there away to get around this i think i have 2 more attemps to put the correct code in ,, and when i try a restore its says phone passcoded and wont let me do a restore , i thought i best post on ere first before sending it off to apple and being charged an arm and a leg for it to be put back to normal thanks very much.................

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

well asking that here your going to get hammered cause there are alot of people on this forum that wont believe that it is not stolen. what you need to do is called a dfu restore. simply connect the phone to the computer with iTunes on. press and hold the on/off button and the home button at the same time for 10 seconds or until you see it disconnect to iTunes. let go of the on/off button but keep holding the home button until iTunes sees the iPhone again. it will say the iPhone is in recovery mode or dfu mode and needs to be restored. at this point check ok. now, if your phone is JB or Unlocked you will need to download an ipsw from felixbruns that will have your current version of firmware like 3.1.3 or whatever. after you have that downloaded (really do it first before you put it into dfu mode) then hit the shift key on your computer and hit the restore key at the same time. then a window will open up and you can select the ipsw you just downloaded and click ok for it to restore your phone.

3. kevglady thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks very much chargit i will try that tomorow the phone is not stolen mate i can assure you that i know were your coming from though i went on alot of other forums and alot of ppl were getting slated about stolen phones mine is a genuine mate thanks again :):):):):):):):) (if i get it on ill upload a pic of part of the iemi number and the box with the number on to prove )
    cheers mate hopefully youve save me a few bob when i phoned apple up they wouldnt give me a price just asking me to send the phone with my details and the fault and they would get back intouch with the quote so i guess that meens its probably gona cost a bit to fix

4. kevglady thread starter macrumors newbie

cheers mate iphone up and running again thanks again

5. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

when doing this, can you only restore to the firmware that's currently out?