iPhone Disabled

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by someone28624, Aug 16, 2014.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

One of my patient's has an iPhone. She had been confused the last few days and kept trying- unsuccessfully- to unlock her phone. Now it's saying "iPhone disabled: connect to iTunes." Problem is, her computer is on the other side of the state. Is there anything that can be done so she can use her phone again?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    If you do it that many times then the phone is disabled and needs and iTunes restore.
    Any computer with iTunes will do.
    But all her stuff will be gone and will need to sync them back when she gets home.
    Next time she should try not to forget her pass code.

3. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

Ah the memories, being locked out for 5 hours thanks to my mother.
    Anyway, no, you can do anything. You can get a computer with iTunes and do it there, and hopefully she backed her iPhone on the computer that is on the other side of the state, otherwise, she has lost all of her stuff.

4. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, thanks. I was thinking about taking in my computer and restoring it for her, but I don't want to be responsible for deleting her stuff. Most 60 year olds with iPhones I know don't have their phones backed up. She didn't forget her passcode. She was legit neurologically impaired and kept messing with the phone.

5. Applejuiced, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You actually didn't delete her stuff though. She did by keep entering the wrong pin many many times.
    If she doesn't have a backup on her computer then its all gone and not coming back.
    She will have to start with nothing.

6. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

7. cnotes2019 Suspended

8. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that's the approach I am gonna take. I was hoping to be able to help if I could do something simple. I'm kinda known as the Apple geek at work so everyone keeps asking me, but yeah, not getting more involved.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As they say, no good deed goes unpunished. Its probably a good idea to avoid the issue and let them deal with it.

10. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Now, what will be your punishment for providing such sage advice?