iPhone Disconnected

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by coffeemadmanUK, May 1, 2015.

1. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Having an issue with my Watch. Worked fine until yesterday when the Watch said it was disconnected from the iPhone.

Tried restarting both devices, and unpaired the Watch. Now I can't re-pair them as the iPhone doesn't see the Watch at all!

Called Apple and I have to send it to them for a replacement - a week or so without the Watch :confused:

Can't even get a Genius appointment for over a week, and apparently as I bought it online I can't do any in-store replacement! Which confused me, as there was no possible other way of getting the Watch!!! :mad:

I'm going to go to the Apple Store anyway. I'm a rebel like that.

2. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Hhmmmmph!
    Maybe you can get them to just keep the one you sent in and give you another. They have Watches on-hand for exchanges for the few bad apples that got out in the wild.

So while at the store, really sell the idea that the Watch was bad. Juice it up.

3. coffeemadmanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Well that was my idea. But I was really annoyed when told that as I bought it online I couldn't do any in-store replacements.

There literally is NO other way of getting the Watch so how on Earth can it be possible to do any in-store replacement by that logic.

:rolleyes:

4. coffeemadmanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Went to the Apple Store and was seen right away as it was a Watch issue.

Turns out that both the devices were thinking they were paired when they weren't. Which means that neither were discoverable!

Had to reset the Watch, and then delete the network settings on the iPhone for it to re-pair.

Been logged to Apple in case other stores see this issue.

5. Zxxv macrumors 68040

The online store and the retail stores in the UK are separate entities Thats why you couldn't exchange.