iPhone displaying in keynote...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pdechavez, Jun 20, 2008.

1. pdechavez macrumors regular

Hello all, is thre any possible way to display what im doing on the iphone to a keynote presentation? Just like how apple shows their iphone onstage? I need to do a presentation on it and trying to get the best grade possible...thank you for your help!

2. kkachurak macrumors regular

I'm almost positive that Jobs achieves this by soldering a custom cable to the interior logic board on the phone. There is currently no way to attach a third party cable to the port on the bottom of the phone to send out a mirrored image of the display. At least, as far as I know.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

nope, theres no cable consumers can buy

however, have a look for a vnc program, and share the screen of the iphone to a computer

this would require a jailbroken iphone though

4. nlivo macrumors 6502a

5. pdechavez thread starter macrumors regular

thing is, they use a typical 30 pin connector and it no doubts connects to a computer so it can be presented on the software. its gotta be a software plugin of some sort...thanks for the help so far :)

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm hoping this article says otherwise and supports what I've been doing since MWSF '08, when I picked-up the AV cables and Office 2008: Mac. Don't mean to burst any bubbles...:eek:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=988

7. admanimal macrumors 68040

So are you saying that you can mirror exactly what you are doing on the phone at all times on the TV using the AV cables? All I get from the article is that you can view photos.

8. pdechavez thread starter macrumors regular

well, i just realized something. When Steve does his keynotes, he also demos mac os on screen too. Is there a special way or they use a special piece of hardware? It's gotta be a software plugin.

9. admanimal macrumors 68040

All Macs have some sort of video out that lets you mirror the screen on another display (including a projector). The question with the iPhone is whether the AV cables will actually mirror the screen or just display movies/photos/music.

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I utilize the composite AV cable for powerpoint via a slideshow. With the 30-pin connector you get a slideshow of your powerpoint slides. This may not be for everyone, but it works.

11. -M7- macrumors member

You could use the iPhone simulator from the SDK to show the actions on a Mac screen.

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Thanks, I'll do just that. :cool:

13. admanimal macrumors 68040

The iPhone simulator is missing most of the normal iPhone apps, with the exception of Safari, Photos, and the Contacts app. So unless the OP just wants to show one of those, the simulator might not work for him.

That sounds like it works fine for doing a presentation, but the OP wants to mirror everything he does on the iPhone on a projector or whatever.

14. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I hear ya'. Maybe with 3G iPhone we'll be able to do that, but presently I haven't been able to mirror the iPhone on a TV or projector. :(