iPhone iPhone do not disturb not working for removed contacts

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by moiraine, Nov 5, 2012.

1. moiraine macrumors newbie

I'm running the latest iOS 6.0.1 on an iPhone 4, and this is a problem that existed since iOS 6.

The problem occurs when you set the Do Not Disturb function to allow only calls from your contacts (or a certain group in your address book).
    When you remove any contacts from the address book, the logical result will be that the removed contact's number will be silenced with Do Not Disturb turned on. But that's not the case. Calls from contacts that have been removed, still comes through and is not silenced.

I'm lead to believe that the Do Not Disturb uses a different database than the address book. I've tried disabling Do Not Disturb and turning it back on again as well as resetting and restoring the iPhone, but neither worked. This is a very annoying bug, and I would've posted on the apple support community but I come across "An unknown error has occurred." when I tried to log in the apple support site. Sigh.

Someone with an other suggestion?

2. sohaloh macrumors regular

Do you use icloud for syncing contacts? Or something else.

3. moiraine thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I'm using iCloud, but everything's already synced over, and this problem persists. Incidentally, I'm not using the "repeated call" option, and I've tested this with my landline, the same problem occurs, so I think it's a reproducible bug. Is it just me?

4. sohaloh macrumors regular

That's the first thing that came to mind, I figured if you hadn't set icloud to push your contacts might need a refresh. You can do that by going into contacts, then click groups in the upper left corner and then the refresh button. But since you say youve restored, synced and everything I guess its a bug and big glaring one to that. One thing you could try is editing your group on www.icloud.com maybe they arent syncing properly from your phone. Sorry I couldn't help much.