iPhone Dock Impressions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Knowlege Bomb, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I splurged. I love the simplicity and am not going to miss having to pick up my phone to see who's waking me up in the middle of the night.

IMG_0081.JPG

Also, firmware for the dock? I wonder what that's needed for...

IMG_0081.PNG

2. reverberlayed macrumors regular

Nice! Does it feel like the phone can tip the dock over?

3. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I tried the dock with my iPhone 6+ and I didn't like the way it sits on it, I returned it, I didn't think it was worth the $50.

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

It looks like it's balanced on the connector. Poor design. Don't like it......

5. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

6. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

That bothers me as well. I understand it's to accommodate cases, but I don't like cases either.

7. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

The phone itself rocks a bit if you're trying to use it while docked but the dock itself is very sturdy. Would be better if it had the inset like the docks of old but it's easy enough to pick up the phone if you need to interact with a notification.

8. Nanotyrns macrumors 6502a

Nanotyrns

I used to work for a retailer that was an authorized Apple reseller and the number one complaint about the old docks, aside from price of course, was that they didn't accommodate whatever third-party case everyone was using. This form factor looks like it was almost certainly designed to work with a number of third-party cases. In fact, this design is another item in a list of things that prove that Steve Jobs is indeed dead and not living in a secret compound somewhere. On the list so far - really long charging cable for the watch, larger iPhone screen, this dock...

I'm leaning toward the dock once I get my phone so can anyone offer an opinion on how their docks are working with non-Apple cases?

9. fffizzz macrumors newbie

fffizzz

I bought one and it will be here Monday. AnticipAte using it as a bedside clock with Alarm Clock Pro or one of the many other options out there. I have an old clock radio that's a PoS that I hate very much.

10. lsh macrumors 6502

I really like the dock, and I have 6 plus. It's very sturdy, heavier than it looks. No tipping or wobbling at all. The price seemed fair for the quality. It's cheaper than Premium One product I was considering.
    I think the fixed lightning tip makes the difference. Other docks prop up one from a cord.

11. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

I bought the dock today and while I love the simplicity having to use two hands to remove is a fail. Unless I can figure a way to mount it to the night stand it's going back.

12. tallboy1 macrumors newbie

Where did you get the firmware update? its not charging on my 6s plus

13. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

Same here! When my wife connects her 6S to the dock....nothing....no charging. However, If I connect my 6plus or my wife's old 5, the connection is immediate and the phones begin to charge. very odd!

14. brendu macrumors 68020

This is my big concern. I really want a solid stable dock that I can pull the phone out of with one hand and not have the dock move at all. I'm leaning toward the groovmade walnut dock but it's $100 which is really expensive for a dock.

15. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

Update: stopped by the Apple Store today and my wife's 6S would not work on any of the Lightning connectors in the store (i.e. The ones used for the display models). So, the problem is with the 6S and not with the dock. Funny thing is, the Lightning connector works perfectly on the 6S....just not the dock. We're going to see if Verizon can replace the 6S.

16. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

I wasn't going to buy one, but I did buy the Rose Gold one. I have it on my desk. I like it,so I'm going to
    keep mine. Wish it came with a rose gold lightning cable to match.

17. JXShine macrumors 6502

JXShine

Have you guys tried putting a micro suction tape/sticker under the dock? That's how my everdock stays on the desk and allows me to easily remove my phone with one hand