iPhone dock or speakers

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jimmy83, Jul 14, 2009.

1. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Been thinking about the idea abit, would like a dock of some sort(like the one on ere play.com 18quids) this would give me alarm options and prob with built in radio etc.

But then I would also like some sort of travel speakers that I would also use round the house I eyeing up the XMI X-mini II Mini Speaker. Is there some sort of device that can do both? I think I prefer the portable speakers idea, for one it uses a 3.5jack and well they are portable.

Views?

2. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

3. chanoh macrumors newbie

I'm looking for the speaker too, but not for the travel.
    The best candidate so far is Altec Lansing T612.
    If my budget allows, Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin would be great.

Any other suggestion?

4. meglet macrumors member

meglet

For speakers and dock all in one, take a look at the iHome iP71 speakers.

Better than decent speakers, with an iPhone dock built in. I use one set for bedroom speakers/iPhone charging, and another set as computer speakers/iPhone syncing. The only real annoyance is that you have to push the sync button on the speakers before the iPhone will be detected by the computer. On the other hand, that means it's possible to dock your iPhone for charging without it waking up iTunes and trying to sync.

The volume seems to go pretty loud, although I don't have them in a very big room. There are two 3.5mm audio input jacks on the back, one for computer audio one for a second source, as well as a mini usb jack.

The iP71 speakers are fully iPhone compatible, I never get any interference or warnings about an incompatible accessory. Watch out if you purchase them as there is a non-iPhone, iPod-only model available as well.

I use an alarm clock app (The Alarm Clock) which allows falling asleep to an iPod playlist with sleep timer, and waking to a song from my iTunes library.

5. Daveecee macrumors regular

I've been looking for some speakers too. I've heard good things about those Altec Lansing T612 speakers, but I was also hoping for alarm clock functionality along with being a decent set of speakers.

Anybody have any experience with Logitech's Pure-Fi Dream Speaker?