iPhone Dock - Recommendations please.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rsnapeuk, May 5, 2013.

1. rsnapeuk macrumors regular

I've routed through the iPhone 5 dock watch thread, it's been a while now since the release of the iPhone and same with a few 3rd party docks.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend me a dock. I've found the 'Belkin Charge + Sync' but just wondering if either anyone has any experiences with it and would recommend or has a better alternative.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/HB369ZM/A/belkin-charge-sync-dock-for-iphone-5

Thanks in advance...

2. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

I have the belkin and love it. Does its job nicely and neatly. I think it's better than the old apple docks. I don't use a case so I can't comment on its function, but if the bottom of the case is fairly thin, it should be okay.

3. Partridge macrumors 6502

I bought a factory second Element case dock on ebay for about $30 shipped, added the conversion kit for $25.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367772683.352403.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367772700.415617.jpg

Came out pretty well. The dock uses an apple lightning cable and you can adjust the height before clamping the cable in, so it can adapt to cases. I modified the cable to make it one handable. No way I'd pay retail on it, but its a nicely machined and finished chunk of aluminum.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Define "better". What, specifically, are you looking for in a dock? What's lacking in the docks mentioned in the dock watch thread? What's your budget? The Elevation dock, for example, is very well made and my wife likes it but it's on the spendy end for some.