iPhone docking station and Incase Slider

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jshelton, Jul 31, 2009.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

Does the iPhone 3GS fit in the dock without removing the bottom of the case.

I got an alarm clock app and I want to be able to sit the phone upright on my desk at night. Are there any options aside from the dock?

Thanks.

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

The iPhone in the InCase Slider should fit into anything that accepts an Apple Universal Dock adapter, without the adapter installed. That is without removing the case. :)

3. iunnohead macrumors regular

The incase slider is designed so you just slide off the bottom portion of the case and dock the phone; the phone doesn't fit on the dock with the case on, but as i said, it is designed so you just slide off the bottom and dock the phone.

4. doneall macrumors newbie

You can get a different docking station

There are several options out there for docking stations so you don't have to remove the bottom half every time.

1) You can use the Apple universal dock without any of the adapters. But that leaves your iPhone only supported by the USB connector. Not safe for your phone long term.

2) You can use the Seidio Innodock. It looks to fit almost any case and supports the back of the iPhone. Looks to be a pretty good option. However on their website, they say "*Not compatible with our AC Power Kit.". I don't know if that means you can't use it with the Apple AC adapter either. If not, its not a good option for you if you want to use it by your bed.

3) Your third option, and by far the best in my opinion, is the made2dock dock-IN-case. I know its the best because I designed it. :) But seriously, you can choose between several sizes to fit your case and support it properly to prevent accidental damage to the USB connector. You can also use the Apple AC power adapter that came with your phone to charge it on your night stand.
    http://made2dock.myshopify.com